Trademark is one of the main identifying elements for a commercial entity that conducts business activities of any kind, especially for those entities that operate in the field of trade and services.
Shehu & Partners with a group of dedicated and professional legal experts provides you with legal advice, legal representation and assistance in practices related to the registration and protection of your business trademark, which include the following:
• Consulting and assistance in creating your electronic logo that will serve as the trademark of your business.
• Prepare the necessary legal documentation for the national registration of your trademark.
• Legal representation before the competent state bodies for the registration and protection of trademarks, until the issuance of the trademark certificate.
The duration of this service ranges from 6 to 7 months and the applicant obtains a certificate with the right of ownership over the brand for a period of 10 years with the right of renewal every 10 years, for life.
Through this service, the owners of Albanian trademarks are given the opportunity to perform international registration of their trademark in other member states of the Madrid Agreement and Protocol. Any individual, natural or legal person who has filed a national application or registered a trademark, can seek trademark protection in several countries of the world chosen by him and at the end of the procedure the applicant ensures the registration and protection of his trademark in different countries of the world. The application is made to the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP), against the payment of a certain fee. Shehu & Partners has a consolidated experience in registering international brands for its customers. The duration of this service ranges from 2 to 6 months and the applicant obtains a certificate valid for 10 years from the date of international deposit.
The registration of the patent is done at the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP), through the application and a variety of documents, and are reviewed by this directorate within 3 months the date of submission of the application. The types of applications that can be performed in this service are:
• application for national patent registration for an invention;
• application for national registration of patent for invention according to TBP;
• application for a European patent;
• application for extension of the European patent application;
• application for European patent validity;
• application for validity of the European patent application;
• application for conversion of a European patent application into a national patent application.
International patent protection for inventions is done through a single application, which is filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (TBP). The international registration of the patent is done at the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP), through the application and the review is done within a period of 3 months from the date of completion of the documentation, with an indefinite validity period.
An European Patent Application is an application for a European patent filed in accordance with the European Patent Convention. Every individual, natural or legal person, business, NGO, Institution, University, Research Center and anyone who has made an invention has the right to apply. The purpose of this patent is to protect the invention in the 40 member countries of the European Patent Organization, and the countries with which this organization has agreements for the extension of European patents, through a single application to the European Patent Office.
The purpose of this service is the registration of industrial designs to enable their protection in the territory of the Republic of Albania. Industrial design means the characteristics of the external form of a product, generally the aesthetic aspect of a product, as a whole or of its parts, which gives it a special appearance and which is not excluded from protection. The registration of industrial designs is done at the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP), and the process takes 6-7 months depending on the examination process, obtaining an industrial design with a validity period of 5 years with the right of renewal up to 25 years.
Any interested subject, applicant has the opportunity to appeal the administrative acts of the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP), to the Board of Appeal of all decisions rejecting the Patent for Invention, Industrial Design, Registered Trademark, etc. Shehu & Partners prepares the appeal and legal protection before the Board of Appeal of GDIP and any legal protection for issues related to industrial property, before the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court.
Shehu & Partners undertakes and realizes every application at the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP) related to:
• registration of change of address of the applicant or owner of the usage model;
• registration in the register of change of name of the applicant or owner of the model of use;
• registration of the license model of the use model;
• registration of the warranty or pledge of the model of use;
• registration of the enforcement action of the usage model;
• registration of the transfer of ownership over the model of use.
Shehu & Partners, undertakes and realizes every application to the General Directorate of Industrial Property (DPPI) related to the application for restoration of the right, if non-compliance of this deadline has a direct consequence of rejection of the application, assessment of the application as resigned, loss of any other right or any means of protection of rights. The application can be done for:
• timely restoration of the patent;
• timely restoration of industrial design rights;
• timely restoration of rights over the registered trademark;
• timely restoration of the model of use;
• further review or extension of the patent application.
Any change in the trademark register is made through the application to the General Directorate of Industrial Property (GDIP). Applications can be made for:
• registration in the register of the change of the name of the trademark owner;
• registration of the license contract in the trademark register;
• registration in the register of the pledge contract in the register of trademarks;
• registration in the register of enforcement actions in the register of trademarks;
• registration in the register of representation of other changes in the register of trademarks;
• registration in the register of the address changes of the trademark owner.